The Increasing Popularity of Steroids
In the present times, huge number of people, especially those who are involve in extreme physical activities and sports use steroid so as to improve their performance and strength. True enough, steroids has been doing a great job of making our workout more efficient than ever. Moreover, it also helps us to achieve our desired body weight and figure faster compared to just a regular exercise and natural foods.
Steroids are commonly used by athletes because there are certain sport that require endurance. However, in the past couple years, athletes are forbidden to take steroids due to its risks and danger. This is because there are plenty of recorded cases wherein people who take steroids experience negative reactions especially if taken improperly.
With that being said, technology developed an alternative to steroid, which is SARMs https://www.masculinedevelopment.com/ostarine-complete-guide-mk-2866/ . It is believed to be less harmful compared to steroids because of its ingredients. Some of its ingredients are natural, making it less harmful to take frequently and in high dosage. But of course, it is still important to control your intake.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Steroids
Before taking steroid, it is important to take note of its pros and cons
- Increases strength
- medical purposes such as treatment of asthma
- male hormone testosterone that helps people having problem with delayed puberty
- Increases libido
- Helps get rid of excess in the body which comes from too much metabolic activities.
- Promotes production of red blood cells in the body that is responsible for oxygen intake.
- More muscular build especially for body builders.
- Negative effects on health especially if the user is abusing the steroid
- Getting bald at an earlier stage
- May start to develop acne and make certain parts of face oily
- Heart enlargement in the future
- Possible liver disease if not taken properly
Government’s Take on Steroid Use
Given the above mentioned pros and cons of using steroids, the government still thinks that they have no say when it comes to steroids usage because it still address health issues. This serves as a reason why some countries are not that strict when it comes sports athletes taking steroids.